DEANS OF FACULTIES
I am a native of Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, Nigerian. I started my primary school education in 1966 at St. Francis Xavier Primary School Ikot Osurua. The journey through the primary education took me to various schools due to the interruption of the Nigerian civil war. Finally, I completed my primary education at Holy Child Primary School Ifuho, Ikot Ekpene. I began my secondary school education at Loreto Girls Juniorate, Eriam Afaha Obong Abak and completed at Cornelia Connelly College, Afaha Oku, Uyo.
In 1977, I became a Catholic nun of the Congregation of the Handmaids of the Holy Child Jesus, a religious congregation that commits herself to the transformation of lives through prophetic witness of vowed life, community living, participatory leadership and apostolic ministry with a special option for the poor, women and children. In 1984, I was admitted into the then University of Cross River State (Unicross) Uyo for my undergraduate studies.
Professor Antiabong Okon Ekong is a Professor of Agricultural Education in the University, Department of Vocational Education. He served as the Director, Institute of Education and professional Development 2016-2018. He is the current Dean, Faculty of Education effective October 24, 2018. He is the Chairman, Faculty Board of Education as well as the Staff School of the University of Uyo, Uyo. He is a member, Governing Council of Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit.
His research interest is in the areas of pedagogy, youth and adult farmers Education, Women-in-Agriculture, Agricultural Programme Development, Agricultural Financing, Vocational Agriculture Skills Development, etc. He has 59 published local journals, 15 internationally published articles, 3 books and 6 books chapters to his credit. He has attended 38 conferences both local and international.
He had served as Resource Persons: (1) For the Niger Delta Development Commission for Vocational Programme Development for the South South States of Nigeria in 2002. (2) For the World Bank Assisted STEP-B Project Centre of Excellence in TVET, University of Nigeria, Nsukka for upskilling of Lecturers in tertiary Education, 2013. (3) He has been Guest Speakers during World Teachers Day in Akwa Ibom Stat, Nigeria 2016; and during the 6th Quadrennial Conference of Nigeria Union of Teachers, 2017. He Delivered the 21st 24th Convocation Lecture at the Kenule Beenson Sarowiwa Polytechnic, Bori in Rivers State, November 28th, 2018. He is a member of various Professional Associations: A Fellow of Nigerian Association of Teachers of Technology (NATT); Nigeria Educational Research Association (NERA); Nigeria Vocational Association; He is a member of the Nigerian Academy of Education (NAE) and a Member, Committee of Deans of Education of Nigerian Universities. He has participated in a number of grant winning researches. He had served Akwa Ibom State Government as Commissioner for Education 2003 2004. He is fully engaged in University Teaching, Dissertation and Thesis supervision and research development.
Websites: www.antiabongekong.com.ng | www.naijascholar.com/profantiabong | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Aniekan Offiong is the Dean, Faculty of Engineering, University of Uyo, Nigeria. He has been at University of Uyo, since 1998 when he was employed as Lecturer I. As a pioneer Head of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, he contributed immensely to the development of the engineering curriculum at the University of Uyo. He has also been at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Nigeria Nsukka, between 1994-1998. Born at Uyo, he attended Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene between 1979-1984 and the University of Nigeria, Nsukka between 1984-1997. He holds Bachelor, Masters and Doctorate Degrees in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Industrial Engineering and Management. He is a member of several professional organizations including the Nigerian Society of Engineers and the Nigerian Institute of Production Engineers. He is also a Registered Engineer with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria. In 1999, during the transition of civil rule in Nigeria he was a member of Akwa Ibom State Transition Committee on Public Utility. His primary research interests are in maintenance and scheduling where he has authored a number of books including; Maintenance Management and Techniques; Foundation Models in Maintenance – Theory and Application; and Coordinated Maintenance. He is a coauthor of Principles of Engineering Project Management. Professor Offiong’s publications include articles in; Renewable Energy, Nigeria Journal of Engineering Management, Journal of Nigerian Institute of Production Engineers, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Studies, Journal of Science and Technology Research and Journal of Research in Engineering. He is currently working on the development of introductory textbooks for Engineering Students. He has been the Editor-in-Chief of the Global Journal of Mechanical Engineering since 2000. He is an Editorial Consultant to Nigeria Journal of Mechanical Engineering. In the course of his over twenty five years carrier Professor Aniekan Offiong has been Visiting Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Owerr; Cross River University of Technology, Calabar; Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt; Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden; Delta State University, Abraka and University of Calabar, Calabar.
Senior Lecturer and Registered Pharmacist with a B.Sc. degree in Biochemistry; Bachelor of Pharmacy; MSc and PhD degrees in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry. Researcher in Bio-analysis, with bias in Drug Interaction, Pharmacokinetics and Toxicity. Presently acting Dean of the faculty of pharmacy. Former Acting head of Department of Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry. University of Uyo. Nigeria.
1. Etim, E. I., Essien, E. E., Eseyin, O. A. and Udoh, I. E. (2013). Effect of Artermisinin and Combination Therapy Regimens With and without Concommitant Administration of Phospholipids on the levels of Plasma Aminstransfarase and Bilirubin in Nigerian Male Subjects. African Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2 (1): 17-25.
2. Eseyin, O. A., Etiemmana, G. C., Enobong, M., Ebong, A., Etim, I., Johnson E., Attih, E., Asanga, E.(2014). Evaluation of the Antioxidant Properties of Some Commonly Eaten Vegetables in Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. Annual Research and Review in Biology. 5(2): 165- 173.
3. Etim, E. ,Udobre, A. ,Udoh, A. ,Eduoku, E., (2015). Evaluation of the Antioxidant Property of Vernonia Cinerea (L.) LESS. (Asteraceae) using 2.2- Diphenyl-1-Picrylhdrazine (DPPH) Assay Method. The Pharma Innovation Journal 4(6): 10-14.
4. Etim, E. , Udobre, A., Johnson E., Udoh, A.,and Essien E. (2016) Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of Artesunate and Dihydroartemisinin by Coupling. The Pharama Innovation Journal, 5(8): 01-07.
5. Etim, E. I., Umoh, U. F., Akwaowo, A. E., Udodok, I. N. (2016). Effect of two Polyherbal Bitters on the Pharmacokinetics of Glibenclamide and Metformin in Rats. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 5 (6): 143 -155.
6. Etim, Emmanuel I., Udodok, Idara N., Akwaowoh, Akpabio E., Udo, Nsikan M.(2016). Hypoglycemic and lipid profile in alloxan induced diabetic rats treated with glibenclamide, metformin and two polyherbal bitters. , Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 6(11) : 6993-98.
7. Charles A. Dumaru, Emmanuel Etim, and Augustine A. Ahmadu, (2017). Anti- Inflammatory Constituents of Randia hispida K. Schum (Rubiaceae). Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 9(2): 160 – 164 (Off-shore).
8. Etim, EI, Johnson, EC, Bassey, UB, Essien, EE (2017). Synthesis, Characteristics and Antiplasmodial studies of Deoxy and Disulphide Derivatives of Dihydroartemisinin.). Chemistry Research Journal 2(2): 12-19. (Off-shore).
9. Etim, EI, Attih, EE, Owaba, DAC. (2017). Structural modification of dihydroartemisinin and antimicrobial assessment of the deoxy and disulphide derivatives. International Journal of Chemical Studies 5(5): 2079 – 2083.
10. Emmanuel I. Etim, Imoh E. Udoh, John A. Udobang, Iniobong L. Usen. (2018). Effect of dihydroartemisinin and its disulphide derivative on biochemical, histological and hematological parameters in rat. International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Invention 5(01) : 3392-3399.
11.Emmanuel I. Etim, Imo E. Udoh and Gospel L. Ekanem (2018). Comparative Studies of the Pharmacokinetic Parameters of Dihydroartemisinin with its Disulphide Derivative. Nigerian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Applied Science Research 7(2): 63 – 66.
Professor John Oscar Umoh was born on April 13,1950,in Ifuho, Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State .The Dean,Faculty of Social Sciences holds the degrees of Bachalor of Arts (B.A) in Philosophy and Theology from Rome.He obtained M.A (theology Option) from San Francisco, U. S. A. and later had Ph.D in Sociology from South Dakota, U.S.A. His area of specialization/Research Interest : Sociology Of Religion,Sociological Theory and Community development.
Before his appointment as Dean of Social sciences of University of Uyo,Prof.Umoh had been an Ordained Catholic Priest (1976). In University of uyo ,Professor Umoh has held several positions which include: Ag.Head of Department of Sociology and Anthropology (1992-1995;1997-1999), Head of Department of Sociology and Anthropology (2010-2013),and Currently Dean of Social Sciences from 2016. He has published many books, articles in learned Journals and currently, the Parish priest of Assumption Parish ,Ikpe Annang, Essien Udim L G A of Akwa Ibom State